Public Interview

Interview with Boston Police Officer:

Alex Bonjour: I was able to sit down and have a conversation with a good friend of mines. His name is Claude Dube he is currently working under the Boston Police School unit. He has been under that unit for the last 14 years of his career. I choose Claude because before he was working under the School Unit he was once working under the B2 unit which works out of Roxbury and he said this was his roles “So we monitor that area. And we’ll have this thing called COVID-19, which is like kind of like, walk and talk. And it was kind of like stationed there for X amount of time just to kind of show police presence. But when I was there, this was like, prior to five years ago”. Since I knew that he was familiar with the area I know he would be able to give me good insist on the topic at hand.  and I asked him Questions about the area this what he said it was like before “Well, before it was, you know, it’s kind of like a commercial area. Right? Where, if you’re a tourist man, you would definitely go there because the in that surrounding right, you have like, the hospital. Yeah, Boston Medical, which is obviously a great hospital for trauma. You have some hotel that they recently had built prior to all this restaurant. So it was definitely like kind of a good go to place where, you know, it was the attractions were good, you know, but when, obviously, you know, the homeless is in the drug addicts started migrating there. It kind of just turned it off to some but it was actually a very vibrant you know, nice commercial area”

Interviews with Boston City Workers:

Jaleah Clark: I was able to get the chance to speak with City of Boston workers, Catie Cahill Holloway, who is a senior development officer in the supporting house division at the Mayor’s office of Housing, and Caroline McCabe, who is a housing development office for the City of Boston. We focus on the homelessness in Boston, drug addiction, opioid crisis and the recovery efforts, and growing up in a violent atmosphere. Both ladies remember Methadone Mile, which was originally known as, Melnea Cass, as a busy road for people to get around the city. The highway was right there, you had a hospital, with hotels and food spots surrounding. But, it became a place where the majority of all homeless moved once the closure of the Long Island Bridge that came across Quincy, Massachusetts happened in 2014.